Monday, January 28, 2008

Bill Clinton's effect on the Democratic vote in South Carolina

Salon's Joan Walsh (Obama and the Kennedy legend 01/28/08)clarifies the goofy statistic that was presented in a goofy way by a CNN commentator I heard a couple of days ago. The CNN commentator was trying to use it to say Bill Clinton's campaigning for Hillary had hurt her in South Carolina last Saturday. Walsh writes about the South Carolina results:

Obama whupped Clinton 55-27 overall, but only beat her 48-37 among voters who thought her husband's campaigning was "important"; I think that means he probably helped more than hurt. You can argue that point, and people are debating it fiercely, but I've now got another data point on my side: Wrong-way Kristol is so reliably mistaken about everything, chances are I'm right about this.
Tags: ,

No comments: