Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Eurovision song contest, 1st Semi-Finals

I think the annual Eurovision song contest is entertaining. Even if most of the entries are kind of cheesy pop songs. Tuesday has the 1st round of Semi-Finals. My five top picks of this group are, in ascending order of my favorites.

Latvia: Anmary - Beautiful Song. This one is so stereotypically "Eurovision" is almost a self-parody. I like the geezer rock references in the latter part.



Rumania: Mandinga - Zaleilah



Moldovo: Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar



Denmark: Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better (song starts around 1:00)



Greece: Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac



Top "are you kidding me?" pick: Russia. My so-bad-it's-well, really-bad pick: Montenegro. This is the video of that one. I do like the burro in the video though, though.

Rambo Amadeus - Euro Neuro:



Did I mention that the Greek entry is seriously awesome?

Tags: , ,

No comments: