... there are several phrases and words that are likely to not be used by the corporate news media in the discussions of the Charleston mass murders at the Emanuel Baptist Church.Salon give the piece the title, Charleston church massacre: The violence white America must answer for 06/18/2015.
- What is radicalizing white men to commit such acts of domestic terrorism and mass shootings? Are Fox News and the right-wing media encouraging violence?
- Is something wrong with the white family? Why are their sons and men so violent?
- What should law enforcement and white politicians do about white crime?
- Is the Charleston mass shooting just one more sign that America needs sensible and reasonable gun control policies?
- Where are the white fathers in the white home?
- When will white leadership step up and stop white right-wing domestic terrorism?
- Is White American culture pathological? Why is White America so violent?
- Are there appropriate role models for white men and boys? Could better role models and mentoring help to prevent white men and boys from committing mass shootings and being seduced by right-wing domestic terrorism?
But actually, the article is focused on how the dominant white narrative, or the White Racial Frame as he calls it, assumes that there is no collective problem over which white Americans see a need for an answer, much less something to answer for.
Richard Kreitner and Back Issues reminds us that this is not at all an isolated act of violent racial terrorism in The Reconstruction-Era Violence Lurking in the Southern Air The Nation 06/18/2015.